Block Facebook BeaconSo here I am, burning some brain cells and taking some time to relax playing a game on Kongregate, when a little window pops up in the corner of my screen and says “Kongregate is sending this to your Facebook profile: Nate played Desktop Tower Defense 1.5 at Kongregate." Which immediately elicited a "Hellll no" from my mouth.
- Download and Install the BlockSite plugin for Firefox.
- After restarting Firefox select ‘Add-ons’ from the Tools menu.
- Click the ‘Options’ button on the BlockSite extension
- Click the ‘Add’ button
- Enter http://*facebook.com/beacon/* into the input box
- Click ‘OK’
- Click ‘OK’ again and you are good to go.
Other BrowsersCommenters below have suggested ways to block Facebook Beacon in other browser’s, none of these have been tested by me, but here they are for your use:
- Safari - PithHelment or SafariBlock (provided By Schmelding)
- Opera - Site blocking is built in (suggested by George)
- IE7 - IEPro (suggested by Offbeatmammal)
54 Notes/ Hide
- 171gifer likes this
- jeanmann likes this
- pneus-et-roues likes this
- fokakier21 reblogged this from nateweiner
- farmakeio21 reblogged this from nateweiner
- dirpros92 reblogged this from nateweiner
- prosdir23 reblogged this from nateweiner
- hotele-gdansk reblogged this from nateweiner
- excellentradica reblogged this from nateweiner
- lg-wm3455hs reblogged this from nateweiner
- sherlockcat likes this
- nateweiner posted this